CDFU has received a number of accolades over the years. These include:
• Annual Award of Excellence in Health Communication in Africa 2015 – for Healthy Choices radio programme under Best Interpersonal/Community category.
• Annual Communications Innovations Awards (ACIA) 2013 Award – CDFU received the Digital Content category award for the Uganda Content Portal. The digital content award recognises outstanding compilation of text, images including video or sound into an application or product that enhances their value and use.
• Annual Communications Innovations Awards (ACIA) 2012 Award – CDFU received the Best Local Content award for Rock Point 256. Local Content in this context refers to ―locally owned or adapted knowledge of a community, which recognises the cultural and linguistic diversity of Uganda, carries themes of relevance to the local audience, and is produced under Ugandans’ creative control”.
• QuAM Certification – CDFU received the NGO Quality Assurance Certificate in 2011. The certificate is issued after satisfactorily undergoing the NGO quality standards certification mechanism.
• Best HIV/AIDS Control Programme – for Rock Point 256 under the Edutainment Africa Awards 2011
• People’s Choice Award – for the True Manhood Video for Best EE Digital Media at the International Entertainment and Education Conference in India (2011).
• Best radio programme (Rock Point 256) – by the readers of the New Vision daily newspaper in 2010
• Annual Award of Excellence in HIV and AIDS Strategic Communication in Africa (2007) – Multi Channel Category for Rock Point 256, Comic Book Series and the ‘Something for Something Love’ Campaign.
Communication for Development
Plot 105, Kira Road
Tel: (+256 392 ) 263 941/2